Tristan S. Bufete
Tristan S. Bufete obtained his J.D. in 2014 from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. While in law school, Tristan served as associate editor of the UCLA Law Review.
Tristan received his B.A. degrees in Economics and Political Science, summa cum laude, from California State University, Fresno. Tristan attended Fresno State on a full merit scholarship as a Smittcamp Scholar and received the Outstanding Graduate Award for the Departments of Economics and Political Science in 2008.
Prior to joining Sacks, Glazier, Franklin & Lodise LLP, Tristan was a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of O’Melveny & Myers LLP. At O’Melveny, Tristan’s practice included complex commercial litigation matters with a focus on class action, insurance coverage, products liability, and contract disputes.
Prior to attending law school, Tristan was a paralegal at Public Counsel Law Center, the nation’s largest pro bono law firm.
Tristan currently serves as a board member of the Philippine American Bar Association.
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2014
- California State University, Fresno, California
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Outstanding Graduate Award for the Departments of Economics and Political Science in 2008
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philippine American Bar Association, Board Member
Past Employment Positions
- Los Angeles office of O’Melveny & Myers LLP, Associate
Pro Bono Activities
- Public Counsel Law Center, Paralegal